lunedì 12 novembre 2012

Currently reading - and totally enjoying - Apocalypse Bebe by Virginie Despentes

This is going to be quite a pointless post, but since I don't have any follower yet, I guess I can go on like this for a little longer. I'm currently reading Apocalypse Baby by Virginie Despentes - just published in Italy by Einaudi, still not available in English - and I'm freaking loving it. I really needed some enjoyable, fun reading made of light violence and unlikely inquiries. And it's well written. So, what more could I ask for? Actually I wasn't expecting to like this book at all. All the reviews I have read about it were full of disappointment and criticism. But what were they expecting from this book? Punctilious investigation methodologies? A precise, complicated crime story? Because it's not. Reminded me of Lansdale's Hap&Leo. With a white lesbian version of Leo and a short and long-haired Hap. And less racism, of course, since it's set in France.
A few days ago my flat-mate told me I always like everything, when it comes to books. But that's not true at all. I just don't see the point in reading stuff I don't like. That's why I shut lots of books before page 50. If I don't like it, I don't read it, nor I want to talk about it. And I'm pretty picky about my readings, so it feels weird to be called 'One who likes everything'.
And afterall, I made this post even more pointless than it was supposed to be. Oh, well. Anyway.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento